David C. Rash
David C. Rash is a Miami injury trial lawyer who represents clients in
class actions, medical malpractice claims, mass-tort litigation, admiralty
and maritime disasters, and catastrophic personal injury. For more than
two decades, David C. Rash has been providing honest and aggressive representation
to injured clients.
Awards and Recognitions
David C. Rash has been recognized by clients, peers and the legal community
for his excellence as a trial lawyer and client advocate. Mr. Rash has been:
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell for more than a decade
- Named among Florida Trend’s Legal Elite
- Named among South Florida’s Top Lawyers for both mass tort litigation
and medical malpractice
- Selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in the United States by The
National Trial Lawyers
- Named to Florida Super Lawyers
Mr. Rash has over two decades of experience representing injured victims.
He is licensed to practice in Florida and Louisiana, and has handled cases
Mr. Rash was a founding partner of Alters, Boldt, Brown, Rash & Culmo
P.A. n/k/a/ Alters Law Firm, P.A. While at Alters Law Firm, Mr. Rash handled
class actions, mass tort litigation, catastrophic medical negligence,
and admiralty and maritime disaster cases, representing clients from around
the globe including Mexico, Canada, Honduras, Bulgaria, Trinidad, Italy,
Croatia, El Salvador, India and the Philippines. Many of his maritime
cases involved cruise passengers and crew members who were injured in
maritime disasters, and crew members seeking past due wages from ship owners.
Today, the main offices of David C. Rash are located in Weston, Florida.
However, Mr. Rash continues to represent clients nationwide in class actions
and multi-district litigations arising from defective drugs, dangerous
medical products and consumer protection matters. David C. Rash is accepting
Stryker Rejuvenate and ABG II Hip implants as well as
GranuFlo and NaturaLyte kidney dialysis products and
Mirena IUDs that have been recalled due to known failures, side effects and complications.
He also focuses his practice on
catastrophic medical negligence claims,
admiralty and maritime disasters, and
BP Oil Spill cases.
- The Florida Bar Association
- The Louisiana State Bar Association
- The American Association for Justice (Leaders Forum)
- The Florida Justice Association
- The Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
- The Florida Admiralty Trial Lawyers Association
Admitted to Practice
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida - 2010
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida – 1998
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals - 1996
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida - 1993
- State of Florida - 1993
- State of Louisiana – 1990
- United State District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana – 1990
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Louisiana – 1990
- United States District Court for the Western District of Louisiana - 1990
Representative Cases/Recent Verdicts
Throughout his distinguished legal career, David C. Rash has assisted many
clients in obtaining compensation for catastrophic injuries and losses.
Representative cases include:
- $4 billion verdict in landmark tobacco class action case in Miami
- $9 million settlement in a cruise line crew member injury case
- $3.5 million verdict in a railroad locomotive engineer injury case
- $2.2 million settlement in a cruise line crew member wrongful death case
- $2.0 million settlement in a wrongfully filled prescription case
- $1.15 million settlement in a medical malpractice case
- $725,000 settlement in a cruise line crew member wrongful death case
- More than $10 million obtained for hundreds of BP Oil Spill clients
David C. Rash is a graduate of Loyola University New Orleans School of
Law. He received his undergraduate degree from Florida State University.
Mr. Rash and his firm love to volunteer with Habitat for Humanity of Broward
building homes for residents of Broward County that need "a hand
up, not a hand out." An unbelievable organization that makes a difference
in so many families throughout the world.